Sunday, January 19, 2014

five minutes on the riverwalk

The San Antonio Riverwalk is jam-packed this weekend.
{probably status-quo for the locals but shocking after my sedate introduction mid-week}
I tend to walk fast and often lose patience with the stop and go nature of tourist herds.



So, in an attempt to curb my cranky as I walked to our conference site, I decided to set a 5-minute timer and write down the first sentence of any discrete conversation I heard as I walked:

"I don't think she should be able to say she's the boss of anything..."

"Yes. You totally guilted me into it..."
"...And it just jumped off the page!"
"Hey hon, just calling to say hello..."
"This is all so overwhelming."
"I love that one. I must have it."
"...split her face wide open!"
"Let's make tonight one we won't forget."
"You know those Germans..."
"Are you still disease free?"
"Shake it. Shake it" 
{yes, there we accompanying moves}
"Who's going to support your students...?"
"I don't know how much your mom knows or how much she approves..."




And Voila! I arrived to my destination with a smile on my face.

2 comments:

  1. this is a brilliant idea!!! love it. and you. obvi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It might become a new favorite past-time for me (as if I needed more). Love you too!

      Delete