Tuesday, July 19, 2011

i told you so

This morning I had a date to the bagel store with our eldest.

"Ooooh, a marble bagel," he exclaims, "that looks delicious!"
 {Bud, the brown in a marble bagel is pumpernickel, not chocolate, I say.}
 "I don't care. I really really want one."

The bagel guy stood shaking his head but the boy's resolve remained undeterred.

{Okay, but you will need to eat it in its entirety...even if you don't like it.}

"No problem!" he declares.

Within one nibble, he discovered that marble bagels look better than they taste.
That was three hours ago.
One self-prescribed 90-minute rest, two errands, 30 minutes of pleading, and the resolution of "a tummy ache" later, he has problem solved a way to hold true to his end of the bargain: 
toasted, buttered, and loaded with cream cheese.
Now we sit at the dining room table. 
He is staring at his choice and I am trying really hard not to say:

{I told you so}

No comments:

Post a Comment