Friday, December 21, 2012

disappointment

i received some disappointing news today.
it is not the end of the world and i will recover.
but i feel a bit crushed and un-moored - somewhere deep in my core.
the resultant pressure is revealing some of those unresolved spaces i carry with me.
and there is not a double tall non-fat toffee nut latte or basket of fried chicken that can fix this right now.

my mind is all over and nowhere in particular.
i am keeping myself busy.
but i have to remind myself to focus.  
to find something to keep me moored and present in the moment.

so, this orchid is it.
my focus. 
i think about how it has yet to bloom and that resonates.
tender care. some water. some light. some time.

{it will bloom}


potential and beauty exist - even when it appears/feels otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment