Friday, October 4, 2013

things are not always what they seem

I am about to leave the house for a meeting: all skirted and showered and organized.


I feel pretty good about this minor accomplishment because it will continue to perpetuate the myth that I have my shit together.  But on the inside of my head...and currently at our dining room table 
{to which I will return after said meeting} is this:


This is even a "cleaned up" version of the day thus far and represents the seven billion things that are simultaneously the most important things.
{not pictured: dirty clothes, unmade beds, dirty dishes in sink, nasty floors, rotting fruit, moldy shower & the list goes on...}

So, off I go rock the myth for 1.5 hours and then return home, pour myself an adult beverage, and get back to tackling my hot mess.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. oh sister, i so feel you. i am currently working at peets looking so together and on task but october has equaled a hot mess for me all around.

    but for once? all my dishes are washed (don't ask about anywhere else in the house though)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. small victories, my friend! hot mess october equals neat and tidy november...?

      Delete