Monday, April 11, 2011

today

my friend susannah sometimes writes blog posts in this format (see below)
and my mind has been whirring like this for days and days.
so here goes:

{Outside my window...}
is a pool. I have been hanging by it throughout the day and into the night.
I feel refreshed and warm and soothed.


{I am thinking...}
that as much as I like time away in solitude, I really like to have someone(s) with whom to share.

{I am thankful for...}
the opportunity to get away and read and not have any obligations to anyone or anything
except for the long to-do list I made for myself in case reading wasn't enough.

{I am wearing...}
shorts and a tank top and NO SHOES!!


{I am creating...}
letters to my boys and some future posts and some wishes and some dreams and thinking I should get started on that article...

{I am going...}
to start a "new" job when I get back home and it is freaking me out.
But in the morning, I am going to run to the pier at sunrise-ish to hang with the fishermen.

{I am hoping...}
life continues to be sweet amidst the inevitable sucky.

{I am hearing...}
chirping insects, buzzing lights, rippling water, and central air.

{A few of my favorite things...}
 the scent of the earth just after it rains, laughter (both the sound and the feel), sleep, books (real paper ones), writing, fuzzy peaches, and the gift of time with friends and family.   

1 comment:

  1. i love this post. and i love this peek into your reading vacay! i love the little details-makes me feel like i am lounging next to you reading my own book.

    ReplyDelete