Thursday, February 9, 2012

suits and sweatpants

ever noticed how people travel in attire that falls into one of these two categories?
this struck me a few days ago as i sat waiting to board my flight.
the contrast was striking enough to me that i even counted how many of each.

it got me thinking about the display i saw last summer at the air and space museum in D.C.
about how plane travel was an exceptional event and people used to get fancy to fly.
&
it got me thinking about how far we have come since the advent of passenger flight.
about how one's attire is a choice.

one part of me wants to think that:
what people choose to wear when they fly has no bearing on who they are.
but
another part of me wants to think that:
what people choose to wear when they fly definitely says something about who they are.
what do you think?

and more importantly, 
what are you?

suit
or
sweatpants
?

{*suits can also be any sort of "dressy" clothes and sweats are specific to attire such as sweat or yoga pants - really, anything that one might wear to bed}

No comments:

Post a Comment