Tuesday, May 29, 2012

today

{Outside my window...}
it is getting ready to storm. I am perched on the back of the couch alongside our 2 year old, watching a construction crew frantically trying to get in as much work as possible before the rain comes.

{I am thinking...}
about how lovely it would be to have a Memorial Day 2012 reprise - complete with family snuggles in the hammock, sprinkler play, cold beer, and dinner beneath the newly strung lights on the back patio.

{I am thankful for...}
a good night's sleep next to my love

{I am wearing...}
a plum skirt and neon green shirt.
i think they go well together but i can't be certain so i felt a little self-conscious when dropping kiddo #1 at school

{I am creating...}
space in the basement to hang a bike, piles and piles of laundry,  a birthday dinner menu

{I am going...}
to finish my coffee before it gets cold. 
I am trying to stay in the present today - a task that is very difficult for me to do

{I am hoping...}
for many things - the list feels all a-jumble at the moment

{I am hearing...}
birds tweeting amidst the whirring-beeping-clanking of bulldozers, the squishy click of a nearby thumb-sucker, and a neighbor's lawnmower


{A few of my favorite things...}
freshly cut grass, a thunderstorm, time with family, learning new things, clean dishes, the scent of a freshly bathed child, anticipation for upcoming adventures,  riding a bike, and 
hand-picked strawberries

1 comment:

  1. this is one of my favorite posts yet. and i think plum and neon green sound fabulous! whatever happened to that coat with the fringy neck that you weren't sure if you could pull off??

    ReplyDelete