Saturday, January 22, 2011

where it begins

"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end.  
Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen.
- Gilda Radner


For the past year (or a few, if I am truthful about it), I have been thinking about this blog.  I have kept a list of blog ideas and I have written posts in my head while going about my day.  However, these posts have gone unpublished because I haven't been able to overcome my fundamental dilemma: I have so many things to write but I can't put my finger on a framework or a theme.

I want to write about all things marriage and family and parenting and death and life and becoming a grown up and just being human.  But is all of that personal, professional, academic, or...? And there it is: the ruminations I have, the things I want to share, and who I am are shaped by all the space(s) between my roles as therapist, wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend.  I want to write about living life on the threshold of the "not knowing," the in between.  
Because that space is dynamic; it is always evolving.

So I am working toward the resolution of my fundamental dilemma: I will write posts covering diverse topics and sometimes they will capture the personal and sometimes they will have professional or academic overtones.  
Because that is who I am.  
And that is who I am when I ruminate.

2 comments: